NetBSD-Java archive

browser with java on NetBSD 2.0?

What's the current practical recommendation for a Java-enabled browser
on NetBSD 2.0?

firefox-bin in pkgsrc is based on 0.9 which has vulnerabilities.

firefox built native has no JRE plugin library available that I can find.

I've seen some mail from "BSD For Ever" with some hints for 1.6-based
firefox and the Linux libjavaplugin_oji.so but that doesn't seem to work
for 2.0 libraries/binaries (threading model stuff)?

I've tried rolling my own with the public firefox 1.0 for linux i686
(firefox-1.0.installer.tar.gz) but I can't get the installer to work.
It ends up using the native libfontconfig.so since somehow I don't have
a Linux fontconfig library in /emul/linux using the SuSE 9.1 packages.

It looks like mozilla-bin (using linux bins and sun-jre14) will work,
but it doesn't do so well on my favorite app (Logan airport display,
http://www4.passur.com/bos.html).

Any suggestions on where to find libfontconfig.so for SuSE 9.1 to try out
firefox 1.0 release for Linux?

--
==John Kohl <jtk%kolvir.arlington.ma.us@localhost>,
<john_kohl%alum.mit.edu@localhost>