Subject: JNI interface
To: None <netbsd-java@netbsd.org>
From: David Price <>
List: netbsd-java
Date: 07/29/2004 13:01:02
Hello,
	I would like to use JNI to call functions in a C library from java,
when I try to do a get and set call such as:

	field = (*env)->GetStaticFieldID(env,jvc,"float","F");
	(*env)->SetStaticFloatField(env,jvc,field,z);

java segfaults , with sigsegv 11.  Im doing the simple example case from
java.sun.com and it is also occuring in a java program called jemboss which I
am working on converting into a package to work under netbsd.

My system setup is netbsd 1.6.1, sun-jdk/jre13-1.0.12, and my install of java
is mounted over NFS, with the -X option enabled in fstab.

Any feedback on whether JNI /does/doesnt/can be made to/ work would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
David