NetBSD-Java archive

Re: Java 2 on NetBSD

Perry E. Metzger wrote:
"Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg%crufty.net@localhost> writes:
Unfortunately, netbsd do not have a license to distribute jdk binary
distributions, so you'd need to download the source yourself (agreeing
to Sun's license etc), then you can grab the bsd java patches from (no
idea actually - but the freebsd port thing should have a link,
I must do a pkgsrc pkg for this...)

Please do do a pkgsrc package. Then people who grab the source
themselves can plop it in to distfiles/ and build the whole thing
without trouble. It would be a great boon.

I second this. It would be a big plus for many newbies who, like me, didn't know that one can run a recent native Java under NetBSD because it wasn't in pkgsrc...