NetBSD-Help archive

Re: ftp client

On 26/01/2008, James K. Lowden <> wrote:
> Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > Ncftp3 works fine. FileZilla Client works fine. NetBSD /usr/bin/ftp
> > doesn't - in both passive (the default in the first instance) and
> > forced active mode. There is a wait of about half a minute before the
> > message 'ftp: Poll timeout...' appears.
> Quite a pickle....
> I don't have an answer, but some things to try.
> 1.  The ftp(1) man page suggests using "epsv4 off" in such situations.

> 2.  Try another host e.g. for another data point.

It works fine to most of the hosts I try to connect to. I've come
across just a few which did not.

> 3.  Enable debugging to get more verbose output.
> I have my money on #1.  ;-)

You would have won... I've got now

macdef init
epsv4 off

in my .netrc, straight from the man page.

> HTH.

> --jkl

/dev/random says:
        I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
Chavdar Ivanov   | Talbot Way, Small Heath Business Park
Delcam UK        | Birmingham B10 0HJ, United Kingdom
Customer Support | (+44)121-6831014