NetBSD-Help archive

Re: 4.0 amd64 on parallels, or under bootcamp/refit doesn't work

George Georgalis <george <at> galis.org> writes:

> On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 05:37:30PM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
> > tried the 4.0 release iso, can't get it to work under parallels on a
> > core2duo. it hangs parallels and makes it submit a crash report to their
> > s/w development people.
>
> wierd, I have rc-something working, never an issue.
> are you using the iso from file or cdrom? I think
> there is a problem with parallels in an encrypted
> home, try /usr/local and check your iso md5.
>
> (might need to update parallels for leopard too)
>
> // George

using the iso. the amd64 4.0 iso. parallels is fully up to date.

I don't believe I have an encrypted home.

the 4.0 i386 is working fine for me now in parallels.

the amd64 iso installed into rEFIt, but now won't boot with missing kbd at boot
time. NFI how that works (it sees the keyboard when you run from the CD, I guess
something about MBR/BIOS-fakery differs when it comes of the CD, and via rEFIt
post install)

any more clue greatfully received!!

_G