Subject: Re: time and wlan (atheros AR2413) issues in 4.0 rc4 on a PC-ENGINES WRAP (SC1100)
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: David Lord <netbsd@lordynet.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/29/2007 01:41:14
On 29 Nov 2007, at 0:09, theo borm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I seem have two problems with NetBSD 4.0 rc4, both in the kernel and
> (putatively) in the userland, and was wondering if anyone has a clue
> what to do about them.
>

> 1) Running a 4.0 rc 4 kernel on my PC-ENGINES WRAP board causes the
> clock to run approximately 37 times too slow.
>
> The kernel is a custom one (derived from the SOEKRIS one) with options
> TIMER_FREQ=1189200

I've a few different m/b that needed option TIMER_FREQ in order to
get frequency for use with ntpd within capture range. When I last
updated them in August, I found with same kernel config previously
used the frequency offset was way out, adjustments to TIMER_FREQ no
longer had desired effect and when I removed option TIMER_FREQ I was
getting near zero frequency offset. It seems there is now some
working auto calibration.

Probably worth trying without that option but 37x slow might be a
different problem.

David