Subject: Somebody got a scanner to work with xsane?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Sigmund Skjelnes <skjelnes@robin.no>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/14/2007 21:53:27
Hi, all!
Do somebody got xsane working?

I'd has an Canon CanoScan N650U USB scanner, the kernel finds it, and
the sane-find-scanner ( as root ) says ther are a scanner there, but is
unable to determine what scanner it is. Somewhere in the docs I'd read
that sane-find-scanner do not work properly with NetBSD, and the backend
have to be set up manually. I'd have tried to set up plustek, this
should be the proper backend, but to no use. Xsane could not open the
device. I'd had to be root, some access rights may not have ben set
properly. I'd has not tried to get the rights proper yet, I don't think
that will alter anything else than whos able to access the usb device.
I'd have searched for some docs for how to do this, but has'nt found
anything besides a number of people which have the same problem, and a
person who claims that it's Canon's fault all the way, they're not
giving avay info needed to make a proper driver.

Hope somebody could help.

Cincerely,
Sigmund