Subject: Binary compatibility
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Bob <bob@tania.servebbs.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/12/2007 12:55:10

Hi:

I have a bit of a compatibility issue here. I have a ton of cgi
software written in freepascal. Compiled on my freebsd w/s to targets
freebsd, linux, win32. Now I have a new NetBSD 3.1 server, and I want to
compile some of these on it as well.

In order to compile the freepascal compiler on netbsd I have to get the
freebsd compiler to run there. Howto? Once I have the compiler up on
netbsd, I no longer need freebsd compatibility.

I have installed freebsd_lib-2.2.7nb3 which provides the
compatibility libraries. Do I include them in /etc/ld.so.conf and run
ldconfig? Perhaps chroot a freebsd environment with those libs and
build the compiler there?

I could find no docs on this, and a google search came up practically
empty. Any pointers, help, suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA
Bob