Subject: Re: OT - Suggest Network Terminal Where Netbsd Installs Easily
To: mowestusa <mowestusa@yahoo.com>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/28/2007 03:12:11
--Ng9nCnWcMXS7n1y7

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 04:44:53PM -0700, mowestusa wrote:
> I see serial terminals on ebay, some rather cheap like 2 or 3 for
> under $50. I have no idea which ones netbsd can install on without
> much fuss. I was thinking if there was one that worked well, and was
> easy to install netbsd on I would pick one up for an extra CLI only
> computer and perhaps a low power web server.

<a bit simplified to be easy to understand>

you don't install anything on serial terminals.  they are what the name
suggests, serial terminals.  basically a screen with a keyboard which
you attach via serial cable to a serial port of another machine.  the
only software they run is very basic firmware from ROM.

</a bit simplified to be easy to understand>

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --

--Ng9nCnWcMXS7n1y7

--Ng9nCnWcMXS7n1y7--