Subject: Re: OT - Suggest Network Terminal Where Netbsd Installs Easily
To: NetBSD-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: mowestusa <mowestusa@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/27/2007 16:44:53
Thanks for the suggestions, although the Linksys SLUG
is cool, I don't think that I would have much
justification spending 85-120 on it.

I see serial terminals on ebay, some rather cheap like
2 or 3 for under $50. I have no idea which ones netbsd
can install on without much fuss. I was thinking if
there was one that worked well, and was easy to
install netbsd on I would pick one up for an extra CLI
only computer and perhaps a low power web server.

However, I think, I just going to go with an old
Pentium 166 with 128megs of RAM, and install Netbsd on
that for the same purpose. It won't be as power
saving, but it will do the job, and give me something
that I can use to practice using Netbsd to offer a
number of server functions that will face out to the
web. It was free so it is already cheaper than the $50
I would have willingly spent on something else.

mowestusa

http://www.nabble.com/how-to-install-NetBSD-landisk-t3275735.html