Subject: Re: slow down computer (because it powers down when compiling)?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/20/2007 11:30:53
On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 07:52:18PM -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
>On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 06:17:31PM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>>
>> Any suggestions on how I can get it to run slower? I am guessing if there
>> is a way to make it slower it wouldn't overheat.
>>
>Why is it overheating?  Is the fan running, vents clear, etc?
>
>Is the drive overheating?  Could it be an electrical power usage as
>opposed to heat issue; i.e. something overloads the power supply?

I have rubber feet on my desk so the laptop is never
on a flat (or soft) surface, but raised up a bit
to improve air circulation under it.  I also have
a board I have screwed some cork pieces to, for same
effect when not at my desk.

I can feel the difference in surface temp, which can
only be good.

// George

--
George Georgalis, information systems scientist <IXOYE><