Subject: Re: How to use 3.1 XFree86 driver for S3Vision864
To: Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/13/2007 11:07:32
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:

> However, to get a comfortable X running, I either need the recent X to
> support my old S3Vision864 or I need a 3.? driver.  If I stick with a
> 3.? driver, am I opening up to security issues at all?

I think that the Vision 864 is supported by the "s3" driver. But that is
still old. Sorry I don't answer your question in the Subject line.

You probably want to use pkgsrc and the modular-xorg packages instead. The
driver is pkgsrc/x11/xf86-video-s3. I don't know if binary packages are
available for that though.

Welcome to NetBSD!

  Jeremy C. Reed