Subject: SOLVED (although I wanted to verify what I did) Re: upgrading to
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: DataZap <az@datazap.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/28/2007 12:13:33
Hi,

I did a manual install of 4.0 on a system running 2.1, but putting in a
4.0 kernel, then rebooting and unpacking all the tar balls. I then
cd /dev and ./MAKEDEV all. I then built a kernel and tried to build the
source tree. This is where I went wrong, I was trying to built it with
make build and it won't work that way now. Using ./build build works.
Although I still had a problem with installing libs that are older than
what is there. So, added NOCHECKVER=YES to my mk.conf.

I just wanted to make sure there was nothing that I missed in this. It has
been so long since I have done an install, I am just afraid it that I may
have forgotten something.

Thanks,
Al