Subject: Re: slow down computer (because it powers down when compiling)?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/23/2007 19:52:18
On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 06:17:31PM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I have a laptop that normally powers down when I am compiling some
> software. I guess it is a feature when it overheats. Other than that it
> works fine (and has been on 99.99% of the time for over 6 months).
>
> Any suggestions on how I can get it to run slower? I am guessing if there
> is a way to make it slower it wouldn't overheat.
>
> I know I can build on another system.
>
> Also is there any way to get the temperature?

Compile in the freezer?

Why is it overheating?  Is the fan running, vents clear, etc?

Is the drive overheating?  Could it be an electrical power usage as
opposed to heat issue; i.e. something overloads the power supply?

It is said that a good compile is the best hardware checkout.  Something
is wrong.

Doug.