Subject: Re: upgrading to 4.0
To: DataZap <az@datazap.net>
From: None <chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/22/2007 10:05:28
az@datazap.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I googled, but I wasn't able to find any documentation on how to upgrade
> to 4.0. Could someone either provide me a link or give some instructions
> on how to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Al

NetBSD 4.0 hasn't been released yet, but a beta version is available from the FTP site and mirrors. Regular builds can be found at:

ftp://ftp.<mirror>.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-4/

Just replace "<mirror>" with a suitable country code (the complete list of mirrors is at http://www.netbsd.org/mirrors/#ftp). Download either an ISO image, or just the boot floppy images if you have a floppy drive and can do a network install. A guide to burning a bootable CD-ROM is at http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/bootcd.html, and the INSTALL files describe in considerable detail how to start the installation procedure.

Although NetBSD 4.0 is still at the beta stage, I am using it on several machines without any problems as are many others.

Chris