Subject: RE: Use nat/ipf to redirect request to squid
To: None <jadacuma@ched.gov.ph>
From: Derrick Lobo <derrick@givex.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/03/2007 15:28:04
Thanks a lot Jospeh ...

Derrick

-----Original Message-----
From: netbsd-help-owner@NetBSD.org [mailto:netbsd-help-owner@NetBSD.org]
On Behalf Of Joseph A. Dacuma
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 2:31 PM
To: Derrick Lobo
Cc: netbsd-help@netbsd.org

> Not sure if this is the correct mailing list....
>
> I am trying to forward all internal http traffic to a server running
> squid through through my gateway ... And was wondering what
> ipnat/ipfrules to use..
>
> My gateway is 192.168.7.1 the squid server is 192.168.7.6 port 3128..
>
> Thanks
>

> Derrick

Hi Derrick!

Install squid from pkgsrc with ipf transparent enabled on your (i
presume you use NAT) gateway and you can use the other machine for other
purposes. Please choose the machine with more memory when running squid.

On your ipnat file you must include this:

rdr <your_internal_NIC> 0/0 port 80 -> 127.0.0.1 port 3128 tcp

HTH,

Joseph