Subject: network copy, preserving hardlinks
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/22/2007 10:21:48
I have 89 hardlink based snapshots, consisting of a date named
prefix directory and some 500,000 files below each prefix. no
prefix is over 36GB, but through the use of hardlinks, all the
snapshots combined use no more than about 38Gb.

Presently they are on a linux reiserfs, and I'm trying to get them
over to a NetBSD 3.1 UFS2 partition. rsync with -H, fails with
not enough memory, the system has 6Gb RAM. I don't see a preserve
hardlinks option with tar.

is there another program that can manage the transfer?

// George