Subject: Help with mount_smbfs
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/09/2007 17:50:21
I've got a nas drive enclosure I bought, and I didn't realize it uses
FAT32 before I bought it or I wouldn't have it.

I'm trying to use mount_smbfs to mount it on my NetBSD-3.1 machine,
but I'm having some trouble. Here's what happens:

# mount_smbfs //192.168.0.13/andy /coyote
Password:
mount_smbfs: unable to open connection
mount_smbfs: mount error for /coyote: Socket is not connected

I've tried various things as outlined in the mount_smbfs(8) man page,
but nothing seems to work.

I've had no problems in the past doing something like this:

mount_smbfs //user@address/share /mount_point

But this was mounting a machine which was a real server that used real
usernames.

I've searched a little but I must not be using search terms I'm aware
of to narrow the results for my problem.

Thanks.

Andy