Subject: Re: "make update" question
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Huub <huubvanniekerk@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/19/2006 10:40:30

> The package graphics/libpixman does not exist in my pkgsrc collection.
> According to http://netbsd.org/Changes/pkg-changes.html it was removed
> aug. 10th.
> You need to figure out what has this dependency and unwant it, or maybe
> it's enough for you to update the pkgsrc files.

I did "make update" and have ended up with an almost completely broken
system. This response is not from the NetBSD machine. Gnome, firefox,
thunderbird etc etc don't work anymore. Fluxbox turned out to be intact,
so I went back to that. Links worked as well, so at least I have access
to the web. If I want to "make install" e.g. firefox, it reports that it
can't open the zip-2.32 Makefile.
What can I do now? I already updated pkgsrc by cvs. Should I completely
remove pkgsrc and cvs it again?
I tried to pkg_add packages, but my attempts strand by noticing that
many links to amd64-current packagesdirectories donĀ“t work. How come?
Incomplete updates?

Please help..