Subject: Re: "make update" question
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Huub <huubvanniekerk@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/16/2006 14:25:09

> Well, nothing is branded "guaranteed to work" :)
>
> I recommend you take a look at pkgmanager
> (http://pkgsrc.se/wip/pkgmanager), which is in the wip category
> (http://pkgsrc-wip.sourceforge.net/).
> It's a much smoother way of updating packages than "make update".

Ok, after reading, a touch and adding some packages to the want list, I
started "pkgmanager sync". This resulted in this message:

make: don't know how to make print-summary-data. Stop
[pkgmanager] An unexpected error occurred. This may be due to a bug in
pkgmanager, or a system configuration issue. If you suspect a bug, or
require help, please contact the author. Details about the error
follows: Condition of type SUMMARY-PARSE-ERROR: Could not find index
entry for package graphics/libpixman, NIL (cause: NIL)

Any idea?