Subject: Re: compact flash boot media
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@aydogan.de>
From: Roberto <roberto@redix.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/15/2006 21:28:40
Date: 15 Sep 2006

I used NetBSD on several CF (from 128 to 256 MB) with motherboard already CF
"enabled" or by means of IDE-CF adapter: the CF shows to you as a normal disk
with cyl/head/sec (but actually it is not real).
Then I performed the installation as on a normal disk drive with sysinstall
after booting from CDROM.
In my opinion, one point you should be aware of is CF has a limited "write
cycle": you cam limit writing or try to install on read-only root partition
(look around for "NetBSD on solid state" docs).

Bye,
Roberto