Subject: Re: JRE 1.5.08
To: Al Urbaitis <avu@lanl.gov>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/15/2006 23:03:41
This worked for me:

# java -version
java version "1.5.0_08"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_08-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_08-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

On 8/15/06, Al Urbaitis <avu@lanl.gov> wrote:
> Hello
> I am attempting to get a running JRE.
> I tried the makefile for sun-jre15.
>
> The note suggests jre-1_5_0_07-linux-i586
> as the correct ditribution.
>
> I used 1.5.08 and changed the name to 1.5.07
> this didn't seem to work.

I kept the original name as it comes from Sun, just edited the
Makefile in the package directory - there are two references to the
version.

> Is there a recipe for using 1.5.08 ?

Make sure the retrieved file is placed in the distribution directory
with the execute bit set!

Use the command

 make NO_CHECKSUM=yes install package clean

(the stored checksum obviously is for the older patch version; you can
recalculate it and properly patch the package, but I didn't bother;
the package should be only for your usage - AFAIU Sun does not permit
redistribution in different form).

> Any pointers would be appreciated

HTH

> Al