Subject: Using the ATAPI CD-ROM built-in headphone jack
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/08/2006 01:07:34
Is it possible to route a phone cable from the ATAPI CD-ROM built-in headphone
jack around back to the line-in sound card jack and record a CD-ROM via Audacity
while playing it out the CD-ROMs own headphone jack.

I had kind of assumed that the CD-ROM's own jack would also use the sound device
and so conflict with Audacity which needs it to record.

I do that way only for such CD-ROMs as will not read in for CD-Paranoia. For
those up until now I've been using a standalone player to jack from as the
source. But my son took it to Australia for three weeks. So now I'm looking at
that unused jack again and wondering...

Thanks,

Gan Uesli Starling
Kalamazoo MI USA