Subject: Maintenance & System Cleaning
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Das (sent by Nabble.com) <lists@nabble.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/06/2006 18:04:26
I know of a few tools, but what is the best and simplest way to go about
maintenance & system cleaning?

Checking broken symlinks, broken dependencies installed and can be removed,
best way to uninstall pkgsrc compiled, to remove and clean everything,
either 'make deinstall', or 'pkg_delete', and if pkg_delete what would be
the best flags for this?

One other thing does someone know how to code 'pkgclean' so it can run?:

'make clean-depends'

make clean seems ok, but it seems like it would be better if 'make
clean-depends' could be run also on all the /usr/pkgsrc/paths in case some
where missed after doing make install.

Did I miss anything else for keeping a tidy box? If so PLEASE share your
ideas, how we can all keep a nice clean BSD.

THANKS
Sent from the netbsd-help forum at Nabble.com.