Subject: about gnome again... and about xorg too.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Aubril <david.aubril@ac-nantes.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/05/2006 13:57:08
    A couple of questions / observations about gnome ( built from
pkgsrc-2006Q2 on netbsd 3.0 with X11_TYPE=xorg ).
    In fact, most questions are about gdm.
    1°) The first times, it searched for a graphical server in
/usr/X11R6 ( even after I changed a line in gdm.conf ). I had to make a
symbolic link from /usr/X11R6 to /usr/pkg/xorg to get rid of the
problem. So I wonder: *what is the best place to install xorg ?
/usr/pkg/xorg or /usr/X11R6 ?*
    2°) A couple of times, when gdm starts, the keyboard doesn't work at
all any more. I guess it is more a xorg problem. It's kind of annoying.
In fact, when I startx, I have a error message about some keyboard
problem from xkbcomp "Type "ONE LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2
symbols Ignoring extra symbols". Searched in Google, but I didn't find
any solutions.
    3°) the gnome trashcan still doesn't work. Does anybody know how to
make it work ?