Subject: Re: FreeBSD/Samba add user script syntax
To: Steve A <gmane@rowyerboat.com>
From: Joseph A. Dacuma <jadacuma@ched.gov.ph>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/03/2006 20:05:46
> I've got Samba set up as a domain controller successfully, and am now
> wanting to user usrmgr.exe and svrmgr.exe to make basic user admin changes
> from a Windows workstation.
>
> Some stuff works, and some stuff doesn't, and I was looking for some help
> with the script sections listed here...
>
> What works:
>
> add user script = pw user add -n %u -g users -c "Windows User" -s
> /usr/bin/nologin
> delete user script = pw user del -n %u -r
> add group script = pw group add -n %g
> add machine script = pw user add -n %u -g winstations -c Windows_Machine
> -s
> /usr/sbin/nologin
>
> What doesn't work:
>
> delete group script = pw group del -n %g
> add user to group script = pw group mod -n %g -M %u
> set primary group script = pw user mod -n %u -g %g
>
> What I can't figure out:
>
> rename user script =
> delete user from group script =
>

> Does anyone have examples that work that could pinch please?
>
> Many thanks,
> Steve :)

Hello Steve!

Firstly, this is a NetBSD specific help list. Your Samba config (smb.conf)
would not work on a standard NetBSD install. AFAIK, there's no pw command
on NetBSD (that's for FreeBSD). Anyhow, there's one thing I noticed , it
should be "pw useradd", "pw userdel", "pw groupmod" and so on. There
should be no spaces in between.

Should you need more help or guidance, please direct your question to an
appropriate FreeBSD list: