Subject: Re: Best partitioning scheme?
To: Roberto <roberto@redix.it>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/24/2006 09:59:34
 	When setting up a system with separate partitions, my order of
 	reducing priority other than '/' would be:

 	swap	- 'nuff said

 	/home	- or whereever most of your non system data lives.
 		  on my laptop this is an ffs2 on cgd encrypted partition

 	/var	- apart from the above this should be where most of the
 		  changes happen on the disk, so its good to get it off
 		  the root partition

 	/tmp	- possibly mfs, or more likely just symlink across to
 		  /var/tmp and save the hassle

 	/usr	- I've stopped making this a separate partition at all
 		  The contents change very rarely (apart from /usr/pkg),
 		  and its best thought of as part of the root filesystem
 		  (IMHO). If you _must_ have a separate partition, make
 		  it /usr/pkg

 	For what its worth :)