Subject: Re: Writing device drivers
To: Riza Dindir <rdindir@openinfo.com>
From: Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/23/2006 20:13:55
--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

Also sprach Riza Dindir (rdindir@openinfo.com)
>=20
> I have a netgear WG111v2 wireless usb adapter. I would
> like to use this adapter to connect to the net. I would
> like to get more information on how to write a device
> driver for wireless adapters like these. What is needed?
> Are there examples to help me? Where can I start reading
> for more information?

http://www.de.netbsd.org/Documentation/kernel/ddwg.html

NetBSD Device Driver Writing Guide

The NetBSD Device Driver Writing Guide is an introduction into
NetBSD's autoconf(9) system and the basics of device drivers under
NetBSD. As an example, a device driver for a floppy drive under NetBSD
was chosen, as the hardware and necessary documentation was available
but the driver itself missing. NetBSD was chosen as the target
operating system, as it lends itself perfectly as a teaching example
due to its clearly structured source code and well defined interfaces.

HTH :-)
--=20
PGP FPR: CF74 D5F2 4871 3E5C FFFE 0130 11F4 C41E B3FB AE33
--=20
http://www.net-tex.de
http://www.cryptomancer.de

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS