Subject: Best partitioning scheme?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Luciano ES <luc-netbsd@braziliantranslation.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/23/2006 10:37:16
Hi. I am want to have a NetBSD-based desktop box and intend to use the
following partitioning scheme in a 20 Gb disk:

label	mount	Mb
a	/  	500
b	swap	1,000
e	/tmp	1,200
f	/var	600
g	/usr	10,000
h	/home	7,000

I have considerable experience with Linux, but almost zero experience with
BSDs. I have Slackware using almost 6 Gb, and since I intend to install
NetBSD plus all the Linux compatibility stuff and a handful of Linux
programs, I figured I'd need at least 10 Gb in /usr. But it is just an
estimate. I am not sure at all.

What do you think of this scheme? Am I giving too much more or less space than
I should to any partition? All comments are more than welcome.

--
Luciano ES
Santos, SP - Brasil