Subject: Merlin 630 PCMCIA Data Card
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/18/2006 20:01:45
I've been trying to get a Merlin 630 card working with NetBSD for the past
month or so.  The following information is what I could find about the
basic card:

"There's plenty of good news: The card is not network locked (an MTN SIM
works fine in the "Vodafone" Novatel Merlin U630 card); the card uses
standard serial-over-PCMCIA protocols; it uses standard "at"
commands; neither the Vodacom nor MTN GPRS services require any weird PPP
settings; MTN's GPRS network uses proper IP addresses and I didn't notice
any weird filters. "

When I plug the card it, it isn't properly recognized by the system, so I
can't get up the PPP connection.  The one thing that I did notice was that
the card seems to be providing USB style COM ports on the PCMCIA
interface.

Does anyone know the proper incantation to help this card be recognized
with NetBSD 3.0?

--
Dave Burgess
President, Nebraska On-Ramp