Subject: Re: now what?
To: Mark E <memymomark@yahoo.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/18/2006 12:12:15
> I installed netbsd on a dell i386, I have an external
> dsl modem from sbc/atnt, it networks with the pc
> automatically, but I can't figure out ftp or telnet,
> and I was having trouble with the netbsd packages ftp
> site.  Do I need to download software in order to
> connect to my internet service?  If you could give me
> some tips I would appreciate it very much.

You may need to provide more details.

I use DSL with NetBSD.

I do two things in my /etc/rc.conf:

I set ifconfig_fxp0 to my IP as assigned by my internet provider. (fxp0 is
my network interface.)

I set defaultroute to the IP for the default gateway as provided by my
internet provider.

And I setup my /etc/resolv.conf to point to my nameserver.

How do you get setup with "the pc"?? Do you use dhcp?

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'