Subject: linker and libtool problems
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Bogdan Mihalcea <bmihal@rdslink.ro>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/15/2006 20:54:33
I have installed NetBSD current (3.99.18), both home
and at office, on similar computer configurations (AMD
3000+). I managed to install KDE at home, but can't
pass installing koffice on my office computer, where I
get the following error message:

checking whether to build static libraries... no
configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking whether the c++ linker
(/usr/pkgsrc/misc/koffice/work/.wrapper/bin/ld)
supports shared libraries... ===>
===> Please add USE_LANGUAGES+=c++ to the package
Makefile.
===>
yes
libtool.m4: error: problem compiling CXX test program
checking for c++ option to produce PIC...
checking if c++ supports -c -o file.o... no
checking whether the c++ linker
(/usr/pkgsrc/misc/koffice/work/.wrapper/bin/ld)
supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... ===>
===> Please add USE_LANGUAGES+=c++ to the package
Makefile.
===>
NetBSD ld.elf_so
checking how to hardcode library paths into
programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible...
yes
checking for shl_load... (cached) no
checking for shl_load in -ldld... (cached) no
checking for dlopen... (cached) yes
checking whether a program can dlopen itself...
(cached) yes
checking whether a statically linked program can
dlopen itself... (cached) yes
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking for f77 option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if f77 PIC flag -fPIC works... no
checking if f77 supports -c -o file.o... no
checking whether the f77 linker
(/usr/pkgsrc/misc/koffice/work/.wrapper/bin/ld)
supports shared libraries... ===>
===> Please add USE_LANGUAGES+=fortran to the package
Makefile.
===>
yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... ===>
===> Please add USE_LANGUAGES+=fortran to the package
Makefile.
===>
NetBSD ld.elf_so
checking how to hardcode library paths into
programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible...
yes
checking for msgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... /usr/bin/xgettext
checking if C++ programs can be compiled... no
configure: error: Your Installation isn't able to
compile simple C++ programs.
Check config.log for details - if you're using a Linux
distribution you might miss
a package named similar to libstdc++-dev.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/misc/koffice
===>
===> There was an error during the ``configure''
phase.
===> Please investigate the following for more
information:
===>      * config.log
===>      * /usr/pkgsrc/misc/koffice/work/.work.log
===>
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/misc/koffice

Any hint is highly appreciated. Thank you very much. I
don't know what to do next.

Best regards,
Bogdan Mihalcea