Subject: Re: db4 and jabberd2
To: None <dugueperoux.esteban@free.fr>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/10/2006 06:05:24
On Wed, 10 May 2006 dugueperoux.esteban@free.fr wrote:

> I want use jabberd2 with db4 support, but by default jabberd2 binary can use
> only mysql databases.
> Then I use pkgsrc by setting "--enable-db" in Makefile file, I also disable
> Mysql support.
> But when I tape "make" command, the configure script tells me :
>
> checking for db.h... yes
> checking for db_create in -ldb-4.3... no
> checking for db_create in -ldb-4.2... no
> checking for db_create in -ldb-4.1... no
> checking for db_create in -ldb-4... no
> checking for db_create in -ldb4... no
> checking for db_create in -ldb41... no
> checking for db_create in -ldb... no
> configure: error: Berkeley DB >= 4.1.24 not found

> But I have db4 package installed with shared libraries and header files :

pkgsrc does a good job at hiding libraries, headers, dependencies to make
sure a package is consistent from system to system.

Not tested, but you probably need to tell it you want db support by
adding near the bottom of the pkgsrc Makefile:

.include "../../mk/bdb.buildlink3.mk"

-or-

.include "../../databases/db4/buildlink3.mk"

Also maybe comment out the BUILDLINK_TRANSFORM.db4 line too.

Then do a "make clean" before trying again.

pkgsrc-users is a good list for discussing using pkgsrc.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo ':6DB6=88>?;@69876tA=AC8BB5tA6487><' | tr '4-F' 'wu rofIn.lkigemca'