Subject: SOLVED: Unable to open Blender window
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/06/2006 13:44:04
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Sat, 6 May 2006, Gan Uesli Starling wrote:
>
>> baal: {1} blender &
>> [1] 9302
>> baal: {2} Softlinking /home/aplonis/.blender to point to global
>> /usr/pkg/share/blender settings.
>> Using Python version 2.3
>> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
>> ERROR: Unable to open Blender window
>>
>> [1]    Exit 1                 blender
>
> I don't use blender myself.
>
> What do the following commands show?
>
>   xdpyinfo | grep GLX
>
>   glxinfo
>
> What version of X do you use? Does it load "glx"? For example, my
> module section in my X configuration has:
>         Load  "glx"
>
> See http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Linux.301.0.html#2001
>
>  Jeremy C. Reed

Thanks Jerry,

My /etc/X11/XF6Config did indeed have "Load glx" commented out,
since the default install, I would guess.

There is some talk about adding CAD functionality, and already
there is a measurement script, into Blender. I had done the
Blender tutorial once before and thought to check it out again.

Blender loads now.

Gan Uesli Starling
Kalamazoo MI USA