Subject: Re: linuxpluginwrapper for NetBSD?
To: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/26/2006 07:52:49
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Jorgen Lundman wrote:

> > Date: 04/05/2005 17:58:27
> >
> > Has anyone looked at porting linuxpluginswrapper for NetBSD?
>
> "porting" it was easy, I have no idea how I use it though.. They could have
> left a README with it or something!

I haven't used it myself.

Looking at the FreeBSD port, they symlink the .so and .xpt files to
${X11BASE}/lib/browser_linux_plugins/.

The package message says to setup your /etc/libmap.conf and "Now start
browser and go to 'about:plugins' and the new plugins are enabled!"

libmap.conf on FreeBSD is for ld-elf.so and so you can map the required
shared library to another shared library. For example:

[/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-mozilla/plugins/nphelix.so]
libstdc++.so.5                 libstdc++.so.5
libc.so.6                      pluginwrapper/realplayer.so
libm.so.6                      libm.so.4
libgcc_s.so.1                  pluginwrapper/realplayer.so

The above means that only the exact
/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-mozilla/plugins/nphelix.so (in brackets) will be
matched for the following lines. The candidate dependencies on the left
column are matched and replaced with the mappings on the right column.

Maybe LD_PRELOAD could be used for NetBSD.

I don't know if any version of NetBSD has this type of "dynamic object
dependency mapping" for ld.elf_so.

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'