Subject: Re: ipf ipnat ftp
To: None <pavel.cahyna@st.mff.cuni.cz, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: rudolf <netbsd@eq.cz>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/20/2006 05:07:45
Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 11:09:41PM +0200, rudolf wrote:
>> Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>>> There is a PR open about this; it's a known problem.
>>> But you don't say which version of NetBSD you're running; if it's from
>>> the netbsd-3 branch could you try current ? A new ipf has been imported which
>>> may fix this.
>> :) I've noticed the existence of the PR few moments ago, I'll try the current
>> sources. The failure exposed itself on 3.0_STABLE (cca 1.4.2006). Thanks!
>
> If it does not help, maybe try ftp-proxy -i instead of the in-kernel
> proxy.
>
> Pavel

OK, the first time I stumbled over the manual page for ftp-proxy(8) I
was distracted by the description: ``The proxy uses pf(4) and expects to
have the FTP control connection as described in services(5) redirected
to it via a pf(4) rdr command.''; now I see it can also be used with
ipf, thanks.

Best regards,

r.