Subject: small network and soekris
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Mats <unix@comhem.se>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/2006 08:43:54
Hello
I'm setting up a soho-network and for the moment I have a soekris
net4801 box as a firewall. It's OpenBSD in it now but I want to
change to NetBSD. OpenBSD is installed on a compact flashcard, 64
meg. I used flashdist to install it and I wonder if someone have
tried to use flashdist with NetBSD? I think that the differens
are so small that it might work?
Another option for me is to install NetBSD on my 1gig flashcard,
that space must be enough. In that case I will try a diskless
 installation. I have seen some file called NET4501 or similar in
/usr/src/(script for kernels) that is ment for soekris, maybe that will be a good
choice?
I was also thinking of using my sparc, ultrasparc II enterprise,
as a firewall. But I rather want to use that machine as a
webserver.
My main reason to use NetBSD is because I have some odd hardware
in the network (and not so much money) in combination with a wish
for security.

/regards from Sweden
http://z999.netaspace.com/index.aspx