Subject: Re: ascii-colors
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Henry Nelson <netb@yuba.kcn.ne.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/17/2006 06:27:54
On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 10:58:35PM +0200, Mats wrote:
> That was my first thougt (to take it to mutt users list), but it worked under OpenBSD so I thought the problem was some adjustment in NetBSD.
>
> > What do you use Mutt under, if not X?  The console?  A Windows-based
> > terminal emulator?
>
> The console.

I know next to nothing about the console.  I have found it difficult to
work with.  However, I would think that OpenBSD's console is not too
different from NetBSD, but you never know.  NetBSD used to be natively
termcap (versus terminfo).  You may want to check if that is still
true.  Especially for the console, you may have to make changes in the
termcap database, not in the terminfo database.

There are many other things to check.  Does the terminfo/termcap
description of your terminal support 16 or 256 colors?  (For 16,
colors#16, pairs#256; for 256, colors#256, pairs#32767)  What curses
library is Mutt linked to; it will make a big difference between
slang and ncurses in the area of color support.

Last year there was a post about "wsvt25m".  It discusses lacking color
support.  The most information I can give you is the following.  If you
don't know how to find it, perhaps someone else on the list can tell us
how to find archived posts.  (Sorry, I don't know how.)