Subject: saving and recreating an existing installation
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ja'far Railton <ibn.richard@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/26/2006 21:02:52
hello

I have a laptop running -current and it's great. However, I need to
install one or two other OS's. I installed NetBSD to "use the whole
disk" so I think I need to wipe it and start again. How much of my
existing installation can I save/recreate, e.g., if I were to do a
fresh install, install the packages I need, and then copy my saved
etc.tgz and {home/}user.tgz onto the new installation? Will that work
at all? What other options do I have? (I don't think dump/restore is
an option because I don't have an external drive to backup to.)

Thanks in advance.

--
Ja'far ibn Richard Railton