Subject: Re: NetBSD tuning
To: Rimantas Petrauskas <rimantas@remo.lt>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/26/2006 17:46:12
On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 12:35:04AM +0200, Rimantas Petrauskas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm using NetBSD 2.0.1 on IBM x335 machine. It is internet gateway for
> about 2000 clients. I'm monitoring "/usr/sbin/ipfstat -hio" stats with
> MRTG and when in/out packets reaches 90000000, the server seems to have
> some problems. It looks like packets are droped or something. Can anyone
> give me a realy good link on "How to tune up NetBSD for high traffic
> networks" or something like that?

You can see some threads about this in the tech-net mailing list.
But you need to give more details about your network setup, so that
we can help you.
I have systems used as gateways for about this number or machines, with
high traffic rates, and don't see this problem even with the default
kernel values.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>