Subject: Re: Compiling gnomebaker
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Christoph Leuzinger <chris+ml@westworks.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/22/2006 23:25:42
Hi Jeremy,

Am 22.03.2006 22:59 schrieb Jeremy C. Reed:

> On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, Christoph Leuzinger wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to compile gnomebaker 0.5.1 on NetBSD/i386-3.0. After some
>> fixes to the sources I can compile the application. However, when
>> linking it I get some "undefined reference to
>> `libintl_bind_textdomain_codeset`" and lots of ""undefined reference
>> `libintl_gettext`" errors. I guess something's fishy with libintl. Any
>> hints?
>
> Show us how you compiled this.

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/pkg/lib/pkgconfig"
./configure --prefix="/usr/local"
make

> Those references are from the GNU gettext version of libintl not the
> native NetBSD version of libintl.

OK. So how can I use GNU gettext? I have gettext-lib installed from
pkgsrc, but obviously I didn't manage to actually use it to build
gnomebaker.

> Be sure you configure, build, and link using the headers and libraries
> you
> desire.
> pkgsrc provides functionality that can help with this.

Well, I just wanted to try out if I can get gnomebaker working
(xcdroast is driving my girlfriend crazy), but I think I'll go and try
building a package when I have some more time on my hands.

Christoph