Subject: Firing Eclipse
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Bogdan M. <bmihal@rdslink.ro>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/16/2006 20:59:09
I have installed Eclipse in NetBSD-3.0, on an i386 architecture. There
were no problems during installation, all went smooth. I also have the
sun-jdk14, sun-jdk15, sun-jre14 and sun-jre15 packages installed.
When launching eclipse, I get the "standard" error message:

$ eclipse
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

My /home/.profile file looks like

PATH=$HOME/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/pkg/bin
PATH=${PATH}:/usr/pkg/sbin:/usr/games:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
PATH=${PATH}:/usr/pkg/java/sun-1.4/bin
export PATH

EDITOR=vi
export EDITOR
EXINIT='set autoindent'
export EXINIT
PAGER=more
export PAGER

JAVA_HOME=/usr/pkg/java/sun-1.4/
export JAVA_HOME
CLASSPATH=${JAVA_HOME}/lib/:./
export CLASSPATH
ulimit -S -d 262144

I have tried and looked over Google, but I haven't been able to figure
out what to do. I assume my classpath is not correctly defined. I tried
to inspire myself from FreeBSD-6.0, where Eclipse runs without any
errors, but no solution emerged.

Thank you for the help.

Best regards,
Bogdan Mihalcea