Subject: Problem with send-pr
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov@tut.by>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/15/2006 23:40:58
Hi all.
After send-pr, I recieved the following reply.

  gnats-bugs@gnats.NetBSD.org
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<gnats-bugs@gnats.NetBSD.org>:
    host gnats.netbsd.org [204.152.190.12]: 504 <chen>:
    Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname
..

Can anybody explain me, what it is expected by NetBSD's SMTP server?
My `hostname` shows me 'chen', my hostname.
I didn't set domain name (where it is specified in NetBSD),
is it really necessary? I yes, how to obtain it from my ISP
(PPTP protocol is used for setting internet conncection,
pppd + pptpclient)?
IP address is obtains dynamically from my ISP.
MUA is emacs/gnus, if it does matter.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.