Subject: Problem with uplcom+pppd
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mateus Caruccio <mateus.caruccio@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/13/2006 14:31:49
hi,

 I'm new to netbsd as I'm trying to migrate from linux.

 I have a serial (rs-232) modem for CMDA 1xRTT with motorola chipset
where I can connect to CDMA data network. On linux this works very
well, but on netbsd-3.0 pppd sends lots os LCP ConfReq packets with no
response until it timeout.

  Im using a USB->RS-232 converter from Prolific Technologic. It
appears ok on "usbdevs -v". When connect converter om usb port it
starts uplcom0 driver and I can acces the modem via /dev/ttyU0 with
minicom. There, I can send AT commands just fine, but pppd stops on
the same LCPs problem.

Does any one has experienced the same ?

sds,
Mateus

--
# Mateus de Oliveira Caruccio <mateus.caruccio at gmail dot com>