Subject: Re: how to use DLINK DUB E-100
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@astron.com>
From: Sigmund Skjelnes <skjelnes@robin.no>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/11/2006 12:30:19
Christos Zoulas wrote:

>In article <4411791C.3030002@vo.lu>, Patrick Useldinger  <pu@vo.lu> wrote:
>

>>-=-=-=-=-=-
>>
>>Christos Zoulas wrote:
>>

>>>Can you try with a kernel that has:
>>>
>>>options PCIBIOS
>>>options PCIBIOSVERBOSE
>>>options	PCI_ADDR_FIXUP          # fixup PCI I/O addresses
>>>options	PCI_BUS_FIXUP           # fixup PCI bus numbering
>>>options	PCI_INTR_FIXUP          # fixup PCI interrupt routing
>>>

>>Done, to no avail.
>>Now it says:
>>  uhci0 at pci0 dev 7 function 2: Intel 82371AB (PIIX4) USB Host
>>Controller (rev. 0x01)
>>  pci_intr_map: bad interrupt line 128
>>  uhci0: couldn't map interrupt
>>
>>What can I do about this?
>>

>Can you try an ACPI kernel?
>
>christos

This looks at first glance as an hardware failure, is it possible to
replace the usb controller? On a stationary machine you could just
disable the built in one, and install a new one in a pci slot. Laptops
are a bit difficult, but there may be pcmcia usb controllers around. Or,
it may better to get it repaired. The dmesg says that the usb controller
is supported, so I don't think that this is something about the kernel.

Cincerely,
Sigmund