Subject: how to use DLINK DUB E-100
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Patrick Useldinger <pu@vo.lu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/08/2006 18:28:12
Hi all,

I am a NetBSD newbie with a little Linux background (Slackware, 2
years). Currenty I am trying to use an usb ethernet adapter with a
laptop I've installed NetBSD 3 (i386) on.

I have found that the axe driver supports this particular device but I
have been unable so far to find a description on how to proceed. Do I
have to create the device nodes (if so, which major / minor?), is a
kernel rebuild involved, ... I have had a look at all the doc that is
indexed on the NetBSD site but to no avail.

Could anybody provide me with a pointer where to start? A generic
pointer (perhaps for an USB device) will do, it doesn't have to be
specifially about the DLINK.

Regards,
-pu