Subject: Re: Shared object not found...
To: david aubril <david.aubril@ac-nantes.fr>
From: Brian Asemi <asemisldkfj@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/31/2006 06:39:52
Since all of the binary pkgs made available by The NetBSD Foundation are
built using the base X11 (XFree86), they have problems running on a
system that's running Xorg from pkgsrc.  You can pkg_add binary pkgs
that have been compiled on other machines running Xorg without a
problem.  What makes the difference, I believe, is X11_TYPE in /etc/mk.conf.

I'm running Xorg from pkgsrc too, and I've been using pkg_tarup and
creating binary pkgs of everything on my machine after building it from
pkgsrc.  If you trust me not to embed trojans in all the pkgs I upload
:), I've got all of them uploaded here:
http://hacktheplanet.homeunix.net/packages/3.0/i386/.

Good luck,
Brian