Subject: how to blank or turn off console
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/28/2006 18:00:12
I am running NetBSD i386 current (as of a few days ago).

I have a GQ (Great Quality) MX-3201 laptop. My video is:

vga1 at pci1 dev 0 function 0: VIA Technologies VT8623 (Apollo CLE266) VGA
Controller (rev. 0x03)
wsdisplay0 at vga1 kbdmux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsmux1: connecting to wsdisplay0

How can I power down this display? (I am not using X11.)

I tried screenblank(1), but I have no frame buffer devices.

When I close my lid most of the way, the system powers off. But with
FreeBSD, it did not power off (at least that is what I wrote down months
ago). Why would the system turn off when running NetBSD?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/