Subject: Re: graphic card for NetBSD
To: Luc Desfosses <desfosses.luc@wanadoo.fr>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/24/2006 16:03:18
--nextPart7488681.OPkf6DyidL

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 12:04, Luc Desfosses wrote:
> Thank,
>
> I use NetBSD only on two pc, and the third is for illustration, 2d and
> 3d, and run under
> windows. I was in hope of use NetBSD on all my pc...
> I will try to switch step by step under NetBSD i hope for the
> illustration, even if i know
> that's not the better BSD to do this. But it's the only one i know...!
>
> I will learn gimp for the begining...!
>
> For the 3d, i will see later... Maybe i will try FreeBSD :(

I don't think FreeBSD or any other *BSD for this matter does any better -=20
Linux perhaps as it enjoys better support from the industry e.g. release of=
=20
Linux specific drivers etc.

BSD is really great for server and number crunching applications but it sti=
ll=20
has a very long way to go before it can even think about competing in a=20
desktop or multimedia environment.

cheerio Berndt