Subject: Re: trying build.sh (was: GENERIC won't config?)
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/23/2006 22:29:35
Charles Zmudzinski wrote:
> Without the '-r netbsd-2-0-RELEASE' option to cvs update, you get the
> netbsd-current version, not the 2.0 version of the sources. If you have
> updated any of the files in /usr/src/sys with cvs update, but without
> the -r  netbsd-2-0-RELEASE option, then you have kernel sources for
> netbsd-current,  not for netbsd-2.0. That would also explain why Pavel
> noted that you must  have updated your kernel source to 3.0 or -current.
> So I would just try  backing up your custom config files in
> /usr/src/sys/arch/<arch>/conf (like  CHERRY), and then start over with a
> fresh /usr/src/sys.

Chuck,

I want to thank you profusely for your detailed help and cautions.  I'm
sure I can clear out my unwanted sources and fetch the right ones.

One thing that's always stumped me (and might have tempted me to be lazy)
is that I can't figure out how to get CVS to list the revision tags that
are available in the repository.  When I need a particular branch of
something -- not too often outside this project -- I usually use cvsweb or
something to look at the tags, hardly elegant.  Surely there's a better
way?

Gratefully,

--jkl